- This event has passed.
NZ Chapter Event: City Rail Link – so far as is reasonably practicable
June 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm NZST
The New Zealand Society for Safety Engineering invite RTSA NZ members to join them for this webinar with Gabriella Solti, Principal Safety Assurance Engineer for the City Rail Link Project.
The City Rail Link Project must comply, amongst other acts, with the Railways Act and Health and Safety at Work Act’s design provisions to reduce safety risks so far as is reasonably practicable. Come and listen to our “Lunch and Learn” on the CRL’s view of “So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable” and its challenges presented by Gabriella Solti (Principal Safety Assurance Engineer for the City Rail Link Project).
If you ever heard one of the following statements while working on a project, you should register.
- The risk is low; we don’t need to do anything
- That risk will never happen
- I’m out of time to make any changes
- It’s designed to code
- We don’t have the budget
- There are some more things we can do but don’t want to
- We’ve designed out the risk
- The client won’t pay for it
- We can’t stop a determined person from hurting themselves
- My risks are ‘green’ my work is done.