- This event has passed.
RTSA NSW Event – Technical Tour 2 : Sydney Trains Rail Operations Centre (ROC)
February 14 @ 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+10
Come and join us to see firsthand the latest rail network operations control facility in Sydney!
The NSW Government has invested in a state-of-the-art Rail Operations Centre (ROC) which will minimise delays and ensure when incidents do occur on the Sydney Trains rail network, customers receive better and faster information. The Sydney Trains ROC will modernise how Sydney’s rail network is controlled by incorporating dozens of different systems into a single location and changing Sydney Trains’ approach to managing trains.
Some ROC facts:
• Up to 80% of the NSW railway will be run form the ROC
• All train Operation relayed in near real-time, 24/7
• 140,000+ bricks
• 8,940+ cubic metres of concrete
• 900t of reinforced steel for structural rigidity
• 1400m2 of glass used on the façade
• ~90 work stations on the Control room floor
This event requires registration. Please follow the instructions by clicking the link below.