CORE IS THE RTSA’S BIENNIAL CONFERENCE OF RAILWAY EXCELLENCE.
CORE has grown to be one of the most respected railway technical conferences available, offering only peer reviewed technical papers of the highest standard. CORE is a non-commercial conference overseen by a voluntary organising committee of railway professionals as a service to the profession and the industry and therefore offers high value for money to attend.
CORE offers complimentary Youth Scholarships to selected undergraduates and recent graduates to promote the rail industry as a unique place to build a career.
CORE2020 (Theme – “Collaborating to Master Complexity”) will be held in Perth. Click here for more information.
Previous CORE conferences have been held in:
- CORE2018 – Sydney (Theme – “Rail: smart, automated, sustainable”)
- CORE2016 – Melbourne (Theme – “Maintaining the Momentum”)
- CORE2014 – Adelaide (Theme – “Rail Transport for a Vital Economy”)
- CORE2012 – Brisbane (Theme – “Global Perspectives”)
- CORE2010 – Wellington (Theme – “Rail – Rejuvenation & Renaissance”)
- CORE2008 – Perth (Theme – “Rail – The Core of Integrated Transport”)
- CORE2006 – Melbourne (Theme – “Rail Achieving Growth”)
- CORE2004 – Darwin (Theme – “New Horizons for Rail”)
- CORE2002 – Wollongong (Theme – “Cost-efficient railways through engineering”)
- CORE2000 – Adelaide (Theme – “Railway Technology for the 21st Century”)
- CORE1998 – Yeppoon (Theme – “Engineering Innovation for a Competitive Edge”)
RTSA is a supporter of the Rail Knowledge Bank which houses papers from previous CORE conferences (starting in 2014).