CORE (Conference on Railway Excellence)
CORE IS THE RTSA’S BIENNIAL CONFERENCE ON RAILWAY EXCELLENCE.
CORE has grown to be one of the most respected railway technical conferences available, offering only peer reviewed technical papers of the highest standard. CORE is a non-commercial conference overseen by a voluntary organising committee of railway professionals as a service to the profession and the industry and therefore offers high value for money to attend.
CORE offers complimentary Youth Scholarships to selected undergraduates and recent graduates to promote the rail industry as a unique place to build a career.
CORE2023 will be held in Melbourne in June, 2023y.
CORE2021 (Theme – “Collaborating to Master Complexity”) has just been held in Perth. Click here for more information.
See our CORE2021 Invite video in the link below:
Previous CORE conferences have been held in:
- CORE2021 – Perth (Theme – “Collaborating to Master Complexity”)
- CORE2018 – Sydney (Theme – “Rail: smart, automated, sustainable”)
- CORE2016 – Melbourne (Theme – “Maintaining the Momentum”)
- CORE2014 – Adelaide (Theme – “Rail Transport for a Vital Economy”)
- CORE2012 – Brisbane (Theme – “Global Perspectives”)
- CORE2010 – Wellington (Theme – “Rail – Rejuvenation & Renaissance”)
- CORE2008 – Perth (Theme – “Rail – The Core of Integrated Transport”)
- CORE2006 – Melbourne (Theme – “Rail Achieving Growth”)
- CORE2004 – Darwin (Theme – “New Horizons for Rail”)
- CORE2002 – Wollongong (Theme – “Cost-efficient railways through engineering”)
- CORE2000 – Adelaide (Theme – “Railway Technology for the 21st Century”)
- CORE1998 – Yeppoon (Theme – “Engineering Innovation for a Competitive Edge”)
- CORE1995 – Melbourne (Theme – “World Best Practice The What Why and How”)^
- CORE1993 – Newcastle (Theme – “Contracting Railways – Safety, Standards and the Surroundings”)^
- CORE1987 – Perth^
^via RTSA’s precursor, the National Committee on Railway Engineering
In 2014, CORE changed it’s name from Conference on Railway Engineering to Conference on Railway Excellence.
RAIL KNOWLEDGE BANK
RTSA is a supporter of the Rail Knowledge Bank which houses papers from previous CORE conferences*.
*Proceedings from 2000, 2002 and 2004 are available in the Documents Folder in the members only section.