The ARA and RTSA jointly provide the following 1-day courses several times each year:
- Insight into Rollingstock Engineering
- Insight into Track Engineering:
For the latest course schedule, please click here.
RTSA is currently working with Engineers Australia and Engineering Education Australia (EEA) to develop additional courses.
Other Industry-Run Courses / Workshops / Diplomas
The ARA and RISSB regularly run and participate in various courses and workshops to assist the Australasian Rail Industry in knowledge sharing. For the latest course schedules, please click here or here.
The University of Sydney Business School offers a certificate in Certificate of Railway Planning and Operations. The course introduces students to the key elements of railway planning and operations.
Transport for NSW has partnered with Engineers Australia to launch a Diploma of Rail Track Engineering.
Rail-specific courses and degrees are offered from time to time at Universities around Australia and New Zealand. A list of some (but not all) courses that are currently available as of July 2019 include:
Rolling Stock Engineering
Rolling Stock courses are specifically designed to meet industry needs by delivering the knowledge and experience that are difficult to gain through workplace training programs only. The courses have been developed and are delivered by industry professionals who are experts in their fields to ensure that you receive a cutting edge industry-specific education. The courses are built on a problem-based approach to learning and focused on the technologies and challenges faced by rolling stock engineers working across all sectors of the railway industry.
Via Online Delivery, the University of Wollongong offers the following which are designed to provide further education for engineering graduates and professional engineers interested in pursuing a career as a rolling stock engineer involved in the design, construction, operation and maintenance sectors.
- Graduate Certificate in Rolling Stock Engineering (Online Delivery, University of Wollongong)
- Master of Rolling Stock Engineering (Online Delivery, University of Wollongong)
The following rail related undergraduate courses are offered throughout Australia and New Zealand (as of July 2019)
- Rail Infrastructure (CIVE1257 at RMIT, Melbourne). This course investigates components of railway infrastructure and the design and construction of different railway systems. It encompasses a wide range of engineering disciplines, including civil engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.