PhD & Masters Thesis Awards
2021 nominations are now open, nominations will close on 12 December 2021.
The PhD Thesis Award and Masters Thesis Award are offered annually by the RTSA to the author of an outstanding doctoral and research masters degree on a topic concerned with the rail industry. The work completed in the thesis shall have been undertaken in Australia or New Zealand.
The following review criteria are used as part of the process of evaluation of applications for the Award (equally weighted):
• Detail and accuracy of problem definition.
• Level of literature review, referencing and the use of related published work in the field.
• Degree of innovation on problem solution and contribution to knowledge of railways.
• Level of experimental work, modeling and/or simulation.
• Applicability of research to current railway-related problems.
• Peer reviewed publications in outstanding journals in the related field and/or presentations in railway related conferences.
The Award comprises; a cash prize of $5,000 or NZ$ equivalent (PHD Thesis Category) / $3,000 or NZ$ equivalent (Master Thesis Category) ; one complimentary CORE Conference registration plus travel and accommodation; a commemorative certificate and one year free Membership of the RTSA.
Click here for information on past award recipients from 2013 to present.
Link for: Engineers Australia Awards Platform
Link for: PhD Thesis Award Nomination Portal
Link for: Masters Thesis Award Nomination Portal