Call for nominations for RTSA Marketing and Communications Representative (2-year term)
Call for nominations – RTSA Marketing and Communications Representative
The Railway Technical Society of Australasia (RTSA) is calling for nominations for a Marketing and Communications Representative – a voluntary role on the RTSA Executive Committee.
To nominate you must be a current member of RTSA and be willing to undertake the responsibilities as listed below. Nominations are open to any professional discipline.
The RTSA Marketing and Communications Representative is an appointed position on the RTSA Executive Committee with a two-year renewable term. The portfolio ensures that RTSA messaging is delivered consistently across a number of platforms and services in accordance with a cohesive marketing and communications strategy.
Responsibilities of the position are:
- Establish and maintain a communications plan that describes a cohesive communications strategy.
- Disseminate information from multiple sources which is of interest to the RTSA membership, on the appropriate platform/s, in a timely manner.
- Work with the RTSA Executive Committee and RTSA Chapters to ensure that the RTSA, as a member based organisation, and its activities are communicated to existing members as well as non-members.
- Work with Engineers Australia, Engineering New Zealand, ARA, corporate supporters, CORE Organising Committee, RTSA sub-committees and other technical societies to facilitate communications
- Ensure the RTSA Website and social media platforms are continually up to date
- Attend two RTSA Executive Committee face to face meetings per year, noting that these meetings are held at various locations across Australia and usually run over two days.
- Attend two RTSA Executive Committee Videoconference meetings per year (3- 4 hours in length).
- Partake and lead discussions to keep agenda items and actions moving forward.
- Lead delivery of special projects related to Marketing and Communications such as member surveys, special webinars and web-site redevelopment
Who are we looking for?
- People with passion to help to professionals in the rail industry by voluntary input of their time and expertise.
- People with existing and/or looking to build broad contacts within the industry
- People with experience in, or an interest in, marketing and communications strategy and platforms (including management of web sites and social media).
Note: you can be working in either engineering or non-engineering disciplines; this would be an ideal opportunity for people looking to get back into the workforce and/or part-time workers.
For further information on the role and the benefits of undertaking an RTSA Executive Committee position please contact us directly (details below).
All nominations are to be sent to email@example.com by COB Friday, 28 August 2020. Please send through a short candidate statement which indicates why you wish to nominate as well as a current CV.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.