Call for nominations for Special Interest Representative to join the Awards Sub-Committee
Call for nominations – Special Interest Representative to join the Awards Sub-Committee
The Railway Technical Society of Australasia (RTSA) is calling for nominations for a Special Interest Representative to join the Awards Sub-Committee – a voluntary role on the RTSA Executive Committee.
To nominate you must be a current member of RTSA and be willing to undertake the responsibilities as listed below. Nominations are open to any professional discipline. The RTSA Special Interest Representative is an appointed position on the RTSA Executive Committee with a two-year renewable term commencing 01 January 2021.
Awards Special Interest Representative
The Awards Special Interest Representative will be responsible for assisting the Awards Sub-Committee Chair with administering and coordinating the annual RTSA awards program. Responsibilities will include:
- Attendance to 2 x face-to-face RTSA Executive meetings per year in a major city in Australia or New Zealand (or online, COVID permitting)
- Attendance to 2 x face-to-face Awards Sub-Committee meetings per year in a major city in Australia or New Zealand (or online, COVID permitting)
- Reviewing and assessing award submissions
- Assistance with notifying successful and unsuccessful applicants of results
- Coordinating award ceremonies with Universities, RTSA Chapter Chairs and CORE Conference Chairs
- Assistance with updating the RTSA Awards website
- Assistance with RTSA Executive reporting requirements.
There are many benefits when undertaking a representative position and if you wish to discuss the role further please get in touch. Some of the key benefits are highlighted below:
- Opportunity to grow personal and company networks with railway professionals, contractors, manufacturers, operators, designers, consultants, suppliers etc.
- Develop soft skills by working with senior experienced railway personnel – communication, professionalism, leadership, work ethic etc.
- Increase your own personal profile by being involved at a senior level of rail leadership.
- A knowledge of all upcoming events & awards opportunities that can be forwarded on to personal contacts within your own company.
- You will be able to identify opportunities for your company to host events for the RTSA and Engineers Australia.
- Gives the opportunity to ‘give back’ to the railway – through development of young personnel or sharing knowledge etc.
Who are we looking for?
- People with passion to help to professionals in the rail industry by voluntary input of their time and expertise
- People with experience in, or an interest in, the coordination/logistics of presenting & judging of awards.
How to Nominate:
All nominations are to be sent to RTSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00pm AEDT Friday 13th November. Please send through a short candidate statement which indicates why you wish to nominate as well as a current CV.