WA undergraduate CORE 2021 scholarship applications open until 7th May 2021
Nominations Now Open!
- Apply by the 7th May 2021 for the WA undergraduate scholarship to attend CORE 2021.
- Successful Applicants will be notified in Early June.
- Scholarships will be awarded to tertiary students studying engineering in Western Australia.
The core conference is an opportunity to;
- Learn about cutting edge rail technology
- Gain access to a diverse program of presentations regarding Rollingstock, Signalling, Communications and Electrical Engineering, Safety and Risk, Systems and Management and Wheel Rail Interface
Successful applicants receive:
- CORE 2021 Conference registration including:
- Access to conference sessions
- Ticket to Welcome Reception Monday 21 June
- Delegate registration pack including program handbook, delegate bag, name badge and conference proceedings on USB
The Application Process:
- Relevant degree(s)/qualification(s) (you must be enrolled in an undergraduate or masters in any engineering discipline)
- University of Institution where you will receive your qualification (must be in WA)
- Answer the questions:
- What are your main reasons for wanting to attend CORE 2021?
- Main application question: Around the world, Covid-19 has caused major disruptions to the way we work and commute. Public transport has always played a critical role in moving large numbers of people, however within the pandemic it is not a mode of transport where people can easily maintain appropriate social distancing – as required by public health advice. With the increasing number of people working from home, and the rise in useage of ride sharing services in urban areas, how do you think rail passenger services will play a part in the future of Perth’s transport network? Describe what you think it will it look like at a metro level, and for intercity and interstate travel?
Applications will be judged based on the quality of the Main Application
Successful applicants will be required to fund their own travel and accommodation to attend the Conference or attend online.